ChrisTV PVR support for Hauppauge TV Cards
ChrisTV PVR Professional and Standard have full support for the Hauppauge PVR series, HVR series (analog), 878 and 848 based WinTV boards and 88X based WinTV boards.
WinTV PVR 350 is Hauppauge high end PCI board for TV watching and recording. It has a hi-performance hardware MPEG encoder and hardware decoder, for the best system and video performance.
ChrisTV comes with advanced features and settings available for the Hauppauge PVR series TV Cards :
- Live Preview Mode. Using this mode you will have low CPU usage and you can use deinterlace filter and ffdshow filter to improve image quality (in this mode you don't need MPEG2 decoders).
- TimeShift feature using the TV card MPEG Hardware Encoder (available only under WinXP with SP1 or higher).
- ChrisTV has a fast and easy to use MPEG2 recording module as common users want. Also it offers access to all recording settings for professional users :
- fast recording presets,
- constant/variable video bitrate,
- average and peak video bitrate,
- frame size,
- audio bitrate,
- audio samplerate,
- MPEG2 GOP format and size,
- and more...
- Video image prefilter settings : Median filter, Spatial Filter and Temporal Filter.
- Advanced automatic channel scan engine.
- Create recording profiles (only with Professional version).
- Advanced scheduler settings.
- You can find a Step by Step Settings Guide for ChrisTV on our forum.
- Make sure you have the latest WHQL drivers for your TV card from the manufacturer webpage : Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc.